What are the features and benefits of Community Solar?
Community solar programs designed for low-income households all require subscribers to achieve energy savings and often include other key consumer protections.
- Your Municipality will save 5% on your overall electricity bills
- You do not need to switch Electricity Suppliers (ESCO)
- 5% of Bill Credits issued on your municipal electric utility invoices will show up as a line item credit each month
- Bill Credits. Bill Credits are based on the value of NYSERDA approved Projects – “Value Stack”
- Bill Credits will range from 10 to 11 cents per kWh; and they vary by utility zone within NY State; resulting in half a penny per kWh savings on your electricity bill!
- No rooftop installation
- No upfront costs, no investment, no financing
- Some offers have shorter term lengths
- Reduction to operating expense and not a procurement
- Other Municipalities and Counties in NY State have signed up without a formal procurement
- Near term start for Bill Credits